Running around like a headless chicken pretty much became a routine in my life last year but after completing my MBA course work last December, I managed to have some downtime which allowed me to reevaluate my work-life balance. I decided I needed a healthier lifestyle not just work work work
(couldn’t write that without singing Rihanna’s Work ).
So this year I’m doing things differently and enjoying every step of it all. Here is a list of my Do’s and don’t’s to achieve a healthy 2016.
- I’m drinking more water ( honestly, those who know me know how much I just hate water! I could go a week without drinking water but having a water bottle is certainly making things easier! The result: my skin feels absolutely flawless
- Green tea – Now I have become a green tea fanatic especially after taking a break (hopefully permanently) from the adult grape juice! I’m loving what it does to me! Green tea with jasmine, green tea with blackcurrant! You name it!
- Quitting Soda(Coca-Cola) – now this has been painful!! especially when around Miss B. who can consume a whole litre! Nevertheless, I’ve learned to substitute it with sparkling water!
- Honey- loves, I never thought I’d ever write this because I grew up hating honey and today I use honey instead of sugar.
- Sleeping better- those long nights out have officially been struck out of my lifestyle, if you drag me out kindly understand when I insist I need to be in my bed latest 1 am.
- Gym: I need to build muscle!!!!!! and, of course, stay fit considering the nature of my job. (Mrs.O we need to work on this)
- and finally,
Allow me to talk about the spa in depth!!!
I literally feel brought back to life as I write this. The spa is the best thing that could ever happen to anyone who gets overwhelmed with work and wishes to be rejuvenated! I discovered the SPA routine in 2008 when I first walked into Maisha Spa. the experience was beyond my expectations, yes, I’ve tried out different Spa’s ever since but I’ve been forever sold to Maisha Spa. The tranquility, the serenity, the service, oh my the coffee body scrub……*pauses for a bit to book a Spa appointment*
Now Maisha Spa is not your ordinary Spa next door, it’s beautiful Arab/Swahili architecture gives this homely ambiance as you walk in. Located in the greenest area of Serena beach, far from any boisterous environs, one is immediately serenaded by birds chirping and waves crashing on the white beach sand. To top it all the service is just out of this place, there is always a pleasant lady jovially smiling and willing to guide you through the therapies offered. So pleasant and so down to earth as a matter of fact, it was during this shoot that I actually found out she was the Spa manager. Such a jovial charming and welcoming young lady she is, and her aura just seems to have rubbed off on all employees.
Serena’s Maisha Spa gives you an outdoor feel indoors. You just have to visit the place because I’d go on and on about Maisha Spa. However the point I’m trying to drive home is a spa date is very important for everyone. I know most people consider it a luxury but try saving up that cash you have stopped spending on the adult grape juice and hit the spa once a month or once every two months! The results are amazing… you walk out so fulfilled inside out. Plus they have couples session so you can always get to enjoy that relaxation with that special someone. *sigh* how fulfilling can that be!
With all said and done I had to cement my love for Maisha Spa Mombasa with this shoot I took.
Dress: New Look
Lipstick: MAC Girl about town & Candy Yum Yum
Location: Serena Hotel Maisha Spa
Photography: Modan Photography